Submission open until March 5th, 23:59h, 2021
Please note that if you wish to submit the same abstract as in 2020 it should be resubmitted this year!
The scientific committee of the Dutch Epidemiological Conference 2021 invites you to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations. All abstract must be submitted in English and all presentations must be given in English. By submitting a proposal each presenter agrees to follow the General rules.
You will be asked to select the keywords that best match your research from the topic and methodology related keywords below.
Topic related keywords:
- Cardiovascular health
- Respiratory health
- Health behavior / lifestyle
- Public health
- Occupational health
- Mental disorders (depression, dementia and cognition)
- Ageing (mortality / morbidity)
- Maternal and perinatal health
Methodology related keywords:
- Systematic review / meta-analysis
- Mendelian randomization
- Causal inference
- Machine learning
- Research Integrity
Before you start with the online abstract form please prepare the following information:
- Only abstracts following the guidelines will be accepted.
- Please use Times New Roman 11 font and avoid using other fonts for special characters.
- Abstract title Limited to a maximum of 30 words. Do NOT use CAPITAL letters for the title.
- The abstract body text is limited to a maximum of 300 words (excluding title, authors, affiliations, but including references). Figures and tables are not allowed.
- Details of the main author: family name, initial(s), institute, city, country and e-mail and postal address.
- Details of all co-authors: family name and given name.
- Structure your abstract with the following headings:
Process of submission
- Please note the submission deadline of March 5th, 2021. Abstracts arriving after this date will not be considered!
- You can work online on your abstract, save the data and come back to finish it later.
- However, once you have clicked on the ‘finish’ button, it is no longer possible to edit the information you have entered. The receipt of your abstract will be confirmed by email.
- Abstracts should be submitted online via the online submission form provided below.
- Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).
Review process and criteria
The Scientific Committee will review the abstracts. The committee will contact authors by April 20th, 2021 at the latest with formal acceptance or rejection notices in order to allow presenters sufficient time to register for the conference and make travel arrangements. All notifications will be sent to the e-mail address provided during the abstract submission process. If your abstract is accepted for an oral presentation, it is mandatory to register during the early registration before May 4th, 2021.
All accepted presenters must register for the conference before the deadline of the early registration May 4th, 2021. Presenters not registered by this date will not be included in the scientific program.
Dissemination of abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website in the online WEON Conference 2021 digital abstract book.
Please do not submit an abstract if you are not confident that you will be able to attend the conference and make the presentation. If your presentation has been accepted but extenuating circumstances prevent your attendance, we ask that you attempt to find another individual to make the presentation and notify us of this change as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation becomes absolutely unavoidable, please contact us immediately at the aforementioned email address so we can remove your presentation from the conference program.
Abstract submission indicates acceptance of and compliance with the rules outlined below:
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the presenting author(s) to attend the conference and present the findings, i.e., that each one of the proposed participants has given his/her consent for the proposal and is committed to participate. If accepted, the presenting author(s) is required to pay all costs associated with the conference.
- All authors have consented to be included as co-authors, have read and approved the abstract and its contents, and agree with the results stated, that all authors are acknowledged of and agree with the abstract submission rules, and permit the abstract, if accepted, to be published as submitted.
- The submitting author of an abstract for oral or poster presentation is considered to be the presenting author.
- The work described is original to the authors and was conducted in accordance with current ethical standards.
- Abstracts must be unbiased and conflicts of interest shall be disclosed. Papers that are written in a manner that promotes
Submit your abstract here